The premium quality Activated Alumina offered by us is widely used in a large number of applications. These are based on latest technologies and made using fine quality material. Our customers highly value these for their ability to provide accurate and prompt results.
Some of the key application areas of the Activated Alumina offered by us are:
- Drying of air, gases and liquids
- Purification and conditioning of insulating oil and industrial oils
- Removing acidic impurities and trace metal scavenging in organic streams and inorganic gases
- Removal of oil vapors from gases
- Purification of drinking water
- In refrigeration circuits, transit packing for goods like electronic, pharmaceutical and food
- As fire retardant fillers
- As catalyst for bed support / carriers
Other application areas:
It is used for drying of high pressure air feed and gases up to Dew Point of (-) 70 Deg.C. as well as for organic liquids to moisture level of and below 10 ppm. The various gases and liquids that can be dried using Activated Alumina are as follows:
- Gases: Acetylene, Air, Ammonia, Argon, CO2, Cl2, Cracked Gas, Ehane, Ethylene, Freon, Furnace Gas, He, H2, HCL, H2S, CH4, N2, O2, Propane, Propylene, SO2 etc.
- Liquids: Benzene, Butadiene, Butane, Bromine Chloride, Butyl Acetate, Carbon tetra chloride, Chlorobenzenes, Cyclohexane, Ethyl, Hexane, Hydraulic Oils, HF alkylation feed, Jet Fuel, Kerosene, Lubricating Oils, Naphthas, Nitrobenzene, Pipeline products, Hylene, Refrigerants, Vegetables Oils, Transformer Oil etc.
- As catalysts and catalyst carriers: For reactions involving Aromatization, Dehydration, Desulfurization, Hydrocarbon cracking, Hydrocarbon Synthesis, Hydroforming, Oxidation, Hydrogenation and Isomerization etc
Some of the features of Activated Alumina are:
- Highly porous form of aluminum oxide
- Capable of adsorbing and holding moisture without change in form of properties
- Chemically inert to most of vapors and gases
- Non-toxic and will not swell or disintegrate when immersed in water
- Highly resistant to shock and abrasion
- Capable of producing Dew Point up to (-) 80 Deg. C. under specific conditions
- Regenerable employing temperature
- With dry gas: 120 Deg. C. - 150 Deg.C.
- With dry gas: 200 Deg. C. - 250 Deg.C.
- Stable up to maximum reactivation temperature of 315 Deg.C. without any appreciable reduction of useful life
- Capable of being reactivated for almost unlimited number of times
Some of the key specifications of Activated Alumina are:
- Form: Sphere (Balls)
- Size: 2-5, 3-6, 5-8 mm
- Bulk Density: 0.75 to 0.85 Gms/Liter
- Surface Area: 345 to 415 M2/Gm
- Pore Volume: 0.40 to 0.50 CC/Gm
- Adsorption Capacity (at 60 % RH): 21.5 %.
- Attrition Loss: 0.2 %.